Sunday 18 March 2012

Cloche

I just bought two glass cloche's from TK Maxx, after finding inspiration in my interiors magazines and at a few houses I have visited. Most people put coral, books, sculptures and other small objects in them to create an extra dimension to the display.

I have a few ideas of things I could put in my new cloches. First I will have to create a stand; either from a large chunk of circular oak like a chopping board or a homemade light painted base with an extra layer of height inside the glass. I have some coral found on the beaches in Thailand last year, also a nest that the girls found in the garden. Or perhaps some of my favourite feathers and the wooden mushroom xmas decoration that James bought for me this christmas. Moss or empty birds eggs are also a great decoration piece if put in a glass display.

Here are a few images of cloches being used in the home, I sourced them all from Dear Designer's Blog at http://deardesigner.co.uk/inspiration-the-cloche/ and the last image is of her own cloche.


No comments:

Post a Comment